Scrivener changed my life.
I realize that probably sounds dramatic, but it’s true. And to think that I only half paid attention to my sister’s raving reviews for months before she finally just bought me the app so I could see for myself.
Now that I use Scrivener for my writing, I’ll never go back to plain ol’ Microsoft Word.
Please note: This post does contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase Scrivener using one of the links found here, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. And if you have any questions whatsoever about the product before or after you purchase, feel free to let me know!
In the video demo below, I’ll show you some of the reasons I love this program so much for everything from blog posts to full-length manuscripts.
Scrivener is available in two versions:
(^^ Psst … These are affiliate links above, so if you choose to purchase this amazing writing tool, I’ll get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you in advance for the support! And yes, I would absolutely and wholeheartedly recommend Scrivener even if I wasn’t an affiliate …) 😉
Some of the many perks of using Scrivener for your writing (see demo video below):
- Once you buy it, you keep it for life. No ongoing subscription fees or hidden upgrade costs.
- You can keep all of your work related to a writing project in one place, including all of your research, notes, even website pages for reference
- It has endless organizational features to categorize and structure your writing project
- The many viewing options, such as the composition view that blocks out all distractions to help me focus, and the index card view that gives me a bird’s eye view of the project as a whole
- Customized word count goals
- The ease with which I can click back and forth between chapters without having to subject myself to the endless scroll of Microsoft Word
- You can split your screen to compare different chapters or documents side-by-side at the same time.
- I can easily see the word count of various sections in case I’m trying to make sure my chapters are similar lengths.
- And so much more! (Can you tell how much I love this program?)
See for yourself in this video demo:
(If the video doesn’t work for you, try clicking this link.)
Did you watch the video? Isn’t it amazing? And that’s only scratching the surface of this mine full of goodness.
I will admit that this program comes with a steep learning curve, but once you get a basic grasp of it, you won’t turn back. And if you really feel stuck and want to get some guided support, Joseph Michael is known as the Scrivener Expert.
I’d love to hear what you think in the comments! Have you used this program in your own writing? If so, what have you loved about it?
For more helpful content on how to make the most of your writing efforts, check out the e-course I wrote, called the Start-Up Guide for Online Writers:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Subscribe to rediscover the motivation to write, plus get our latest updates via email.