After my memoir released, a number of people asked me how to leave Amazon book reviews online. I thought it might be helpful to share a quick tutorial for those who would like to learn.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to Amazon, which means if you choose to click through to make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks in advance for your support!
How to Leave Amazon Book Reviews
Amazon reviews are a BIG deal and authors will be forever grateful for a favorable review, even if it’s only one or two sentences long.
I’ve heard of a few people who make a point to write one or two Amazon book reviews per week for books they’ve enjoyed. Isn’t that a great idea?
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Sign in to your free Amazon account. (Please note: In order to review a product, you must be an Amazon customer who has made at least $50 worth of purchases since creating your free Amazon account.)
2. Search for the book or product you’d like to review.
3. Once you’ve found the listing for the product you’d like to review, click where it shows how many reviews that product currently has: If nobody has reviewed the item yet, click the blue words that read, “Be the first to review this item.”
4. After clicking that link, you’ll see the following pop up. Click “Write a customer review.”
5. Choose a star rating for the product you’re reviewing. Click the number of stars you’d like to give it:
6. After you indicate the number of stars you’d like to rate the item, a box will appear where you can write your brief (or lengthy, if you want) review:
7. When you start typing your review in the prescribed box, a new line and button will appear, where you can add a headline for your review before clicking “Submit”:
That’s it! Easy, right? And it makes a world of difference to authors!
Shortly after submitting your review, you should receive an automated email notification from Amazon letting you know that your review is live.
Take some time today to leave a few Amazon book reviews for the authors you love.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions about the process!