Thank you so much for joining us for the Influence Series!
This has been an amazing experience for me, and I hope that these interviews about the book, Influence: Building a Platform that Elevates Jesus (Not Me) have been a blessing to you.
Ready to buy a copy of the book? You can do it here:
FYI: These links are affiliate links, so I appreciate your support.
If you’ve been following along these last five weeks, you know we have some great bonus materials for individuals, small groups, and Bible studies.
You can download these freebies below!
Ready for our second video this week?
I sat down with Shawn Smucker to talk about fighting loneliness and comparison as a Christian writer. I loved hearing Shawn’s perspective on this topic and I hope you do, too.
Check out the video!
Want to listen to the audio version only? Here you go:
Here are some of the questions I ask Shawn in this conversation:
- The writing life can seem like a solitary endeavor at times, and can even become a bit lonely. How do you combat that looming sense of loneliness as a writer?
- How has God used someone else in your life to help open doors for you or advance your writing career?
- Besides being prone to loneliness, it can also be easy for writers to fall into a competitive spirit and/or play the comparison game. What have you found helpful as you seek to resist both of these temptations?
- How can focusing on serving others benefit you as a writer?
- What advice can you offer for writers who would like to grow their network and connections with other writers, but feel hesitant or afraid to take steps in that direction?
What did you gain from this conversation? How would you answer some of the questions posed above? Share with us in the comments below!
>> PIN THIS <<
Shawn Smucker is the author of the award-winning young adult novel The Day the Angels Fell and its sequel, The Edge of Over There, as well as the memoir Once We Were Strangers. He lives with his wife and six children in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. You can find him online at www.shawnsmucker.com.
Thanks again for joining us this week! If you’d like to watch the rest of the series, here they are:
- The Tension of Platform Building as a Christian with Shannon Popkin
- Overcoming Fear as a Christian Writer with Alia Joy
- How Your Calling Can Help You Overcome Your Fears with Grace P. Cho
- Growing in Confidence as a Christian Writer with Quantrilla Ard
- Should Christian Writers Strategize or Just Trust God? with Asheritah Ciuciu
- Asking the Hard Questions with Adriel Booker
- Fighting Comparison as Christian Writers with Shannon Popkin
- Getting Honest About Ulterior Motives with Kristi Anyabwile
- How to Use Your Platform to Serve Others with Susie Finkbeiner
Join us next week Monday and Wednesday for our last two chapters and interviews!
And if you’re still interested in getting your FREE bonus materials, sign up below.