What is freewriting?
Freewriting is a type of writing exercise in which a person writes freely and continuously for a certain period of time without giving much thought to correct grammar or the end result.
Use freewriting as a way to:
- Eliminate your inhibitions
- Silence your inner critic
- Release your creativity
- Break down limitations and boundaries
- Get “unstuck” from writer’s block
- Experiment with new techniques
- Write without fear of judgment or criticism
- Explore new ideas
- Generate content and build a body of work
If you want to grow as a writer, you have to practice. Write every day — or at least as regularly as possible — and you will only become a better writer over time.